PlymGo is a journey planning website designed to give anyone travelling in and around Plymouth a clear comparison of all available modes of transport available for the journey specified.
- Click on the map - a callout bubble will appear describing that location. Click on "to here" or "from here" to populate the boxes to the right of the page.
- Alternatively, you can start typing in one of the boxes on the right hand side of the page. Within a few seconds a list will appear of locations containing the letters you have typed. If you see where you want to go on the list simply click on the list and it will complete the location for you. For example, if you type "station" a list of all bus and train stations will a appear so you can choose from the list even if you don't know the exact location.
- Then, click on the large blue button "Plan my Journey". this will generate a table which will allow you to compare the time, cost, carbon footprint and calories burned of walk, cycle, bus, taxi, drive. There will be a tab associated with each mode of transport between the table and the map. When you click on one of the tabs eg "Cycle" the route associated with the cycle journey will be plotted on the map, and at the top there will be further tabs: "Critical" allows you to plot information on the map which may affect your journey. If you see a brown roadworks symbol, click on it to see the routes affected and on blue annotation icons to reveal any notes on the routes. Keep an eye out for diversion routes as you may need to modify the journey based on the information given in the "Critical" tab.
- Click the "directions" tab within a mode to get a text list of directions to follow according to the route plotted on the map. If you have chosen the bus tab the directions will also tell you the bus operator and service number.
- For walking and cycling journeys you will be able to view a gradient profile of your journey - this may influence your journey decision as Plymouth is a hilly place!
- When you click anywhere on the map, the callout gives you a list on the right of five nearby locations. If you see the bus stop you already know you want to use you can click on it to see a list of real time bus departures from that stop in order of their scheduled departure times.
- When viewing the comparison table, you can drag points A and B on the map below the table to change your start/ finish locations. Hit "Plan my journey" again to recalculate.
- Once you have planned a journey, hover over the "bus" tab for a quick way to see the bus operator and service number for that route.